Thursday, July 29, 2010

New blog, and the simplier life.


I have changed the look and layout of my blog, making it more pleasing to the eye. I have decided also to change the content of my blog somewhat. I will be adding stories of my childhood, the childhood of my children, and also some "thought provoking" blogs from time to time. A special thanks to my friend Sarah Marlin for being my inspiration without her even knowing it! She reminds me to focus on what's important; my husband, my children, & my blessings. Thanks Sarah and Happy Anniversary! Follow her blog, jumping jax, and I know you'll be inspired. She's in my list of whom I'm following.

I had a tea party with my girls on Tuesday. We made little round sandwiches, hot tea, cookies, the works, and other than a little spilled tea, a cranky two year old, and some BROWN cookies, it was fantastic, all ten minutes.!Then Madeline(the 7 year old) and I, sat down and watched my favorite movie based, off my favorite book, Pride and Prejudice. I like the simplicity of that time. There wasn't a lot of STUFF to complicate life. Don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone and I wouldn't be blogging without my computer, however, I think we(me) tend to complicate life with all the STUFF we put in it. The time of Jane Austin was very different from now in that, women were basically only allowed to marry and have children, they weren't allowed to make money and money and houses weren't passed to them. But, the home lives were very simple. They did things like, make quilts, have knitting circles, and make house calls for tea with friends and spend time talking on porches and verandas. You know talking, that's when you put down the twitter, Facebook, texting, and phone, to talk ONE ON ONE with a PERSON. Sometimes, I think we have forgotten to turn down the noise and refocus on people. You don't have to live in Jane Austin's time to appreciate that. Happy Thursday friends. Come back often.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog!!! I love you and think you are so very talented and creative!! And I love Jane Austin, however I hafn't seen pride and prejdice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you friends. I appreciate and all comments!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but know any harsh talk or crude language will be removed and go unanswered.