Monday, August 2, 2010

Bitter Monday becomes something SWEETER!

I'm a little bummed, and not wanting to get motivated today! What I told you all last week about my typical Mondays is not typical for today. See, this is my set design week at the church to make the new set design for our children's worship with my team. It's also my work week at the new building on Tuesday night, Thursday night, and Saturday morning. It's also my anniversary on Wednesday and Troy's birthday on Sunday. You see why I might be a little bummed huh? Yeah, we're grown ups and it has been nine years, but I wanted SO badly to get away with my sweetheart. However, duty calls and that's life right? So what, I'm still a little bummed anyway.


SO, to perk me up a bit and keep you all from having to listen to me whine, over the next few days, I'm going to tell you some of my favorite little memories from being with my best friend for twelve years. (nine of those being in marriage) So to begin for today, I'll share way back when BEFORE we were mister and misses, when we were young college kids, not even dating yet. I first saw Troy on my first day of classes, when he walked into my English class. He walked into class in his typical "uniform"; khaki shorts, Hawaiian shirt, Berks, and that tattered, ratty black hat. His eyes were blue, his smile was genuine, and he had the cutest red cheeks and baby face I'd ever seen. Not exactly what Troy wanted to hear, but he was so cute none the less. He sat down and I looked over at him and smiled. I didn't even think he noticed me that first day. We did talk and he asked me where I was from all that stuff, but I had a boyfriend at the time anyway. We met again a day later (Blue Mountain is very small) in the student building. He was playing his guitar with some friends, and he could sing!! Whelp, I was smitten. Troy looked up at me and my friends and smiled. We all sat, talked, laughed, and then can you guess what happened? He turned to my friend and talked to her. Ha ha! That's right, he went for the pretty one, remember, I did have a boyfriend. When he went to leave that night, he asked about my friend and I said, I'd talk to her and see what she thought of him. It was then that we became friends. This was a friendship that would be lasting, a friendship that will never end. Stay tuned for the next memory of our change from friendship to dating tomorrow!! Happy Monday friends! Come back often!

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet story!! I can't wait to read how it all progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love all the mushy gushy stuff! :) How precious you two are to me!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is splendid! So cute.
    I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious if the friend was Natasha?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alyssa, I'm not naming names! ;)
    LP and McGee, love u both. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but know any harsh talk or crude language will be removed and go unanswered.